Updated: Aug 19
A #bunion is a bony bump that forms on the joint at the base of your big toe. It occurs when some of the bones in the front part of your foot move out of place. This causes the tip of your big toe to get pulled toward the smaller toes and forces the joint at the base of your big toe to stick out. The skin over the bunion might be red and sore.
Signs & Symptoms of a bunion include:
1) A bulging bump on the outside of the base of your big toe.
2) #Swelling, redness or soreness around your big toe joint.
3) Corns or calluses — these often develop where the first and second toes rub against each other.
4) Ongoing pain or pain that comes and goes.
5) Limited #movement of your big toe.
How can this be prevented:
Choose #shoes carefully! A wide toe box, no pointy toes and there should be space between the tip of your longest toe and the end of the shoe.
Your shoes should conform to the shape of your feet without squeezing or pressing any part of your foot.
Have you been suffering from bunion symptoms? #Physiotherapy can help! call/Whatsapp us to find out more @98202723